Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nashville or bust!

Hi ya' all!

I am working on my southern belle accent since I decided with my friends Heather, Kim and Wendi, to attempt a 1/2 marathon in Nashville at the end of April with them!!! I made an appointment tonight to meet with a personal trainer and hope to get moving towards this goal!

To be honest, I hate running....I have never been good at it....but maybe it is time for a change. Even if I end up walking half of the half marathon (or all of it), it still would be something I have never done!

This week, I continue to journal what I am eating and watching what goes into my body. Still no soda or caffeine. Jillian Michael's advice is really sticking in my head and I have been really working at making TIME to workout. I am hoping this new place I am going to on Monday will be the motivation I need. It is right on my way from work to pick up the boys. Not out of the way, therefore, no excuses!!!!! (Jillian would be so proud :) )

Last night, I had the opportunity to attend the Cleveland Sports Award Show with Jim Nantz as the emcee! Wow, did he have a fantastic speech! He had the best stories about his experience as a commentator and awesome events he has attended (such as a white tie dinner at the White House when the Queen was in town.......and he sat at her table!) I would of never of known him to be so "worldly". There were a bunch of Cleveland stars in attendance, as well as, Scott Hamilton. We were invited to attend with two of our senior gymnasts since we won the state title last year. We sit upstairs in what I call the "peanut gallery", but hey its free and you can look over the balcony and spot all the stars trying to be discreet! The waiters felt bad for us eating a pasta dish while the others had filet and chicken stuffed with spinach, so they brought us up that dinner and replaced our kids pasta! Thank goodness! The asparagus was so yummy and the chicken was scrumptious!

Today is the year anniversary of my Grandpa Jim Puzder's death. I miss him so much. He loved my children so deeply and passionately. They miss their "papa", too. If he saw the boys today he would shake his head and giggle with excitement watching them. I am sure he is watching in heaven, though.

Well, good night ya' all! I will be on the Sirius radio station at 10:15am tomorrow. Tune in if you can.

Maria

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your loss, I'm sure your right though...that he is giggling looking down from heaven. Congrats on the decision to run in a marathon. I hate running long distance too, but I'm thinking of joining a marathion too for September. I have difficulty with my asthma, but I would love to do it. All the best in your training!

Unknown said...

Hey Mar

I didn't realize today was the anniversary,sorry. I hope you are doing ok. I still read your blogs everyday and one of these days you will motivate me to get off the couch and join you. In the meantime you continue to inspire me and I am so proud of your commitment thus far...Keep up the good work! Maybe I will come to Nashville and see you guys cross the finish line at the marathon, I know if you can give up Diet Pepsi you can do anything!!! Love ya, Alex