Friday, January 16, 2009

Salutations!

Salutations everyone!

One of my former gymnasts always greeted us at practice with this and I would for some reason always giggle. It must have been how she delivered it. I am so upset, because this is the second time writing this entry. I was finished with it the first time and went to hit save and the whole page erased. Oiy vai! I hope I remember everything I said the first time!

So, a big day for me today! I was on Sirius radio, whole living again! It is fun to just chat back and forth with the three of us. The other was my television debut! OK so it was not actually me in person, but it was my voice and picture! Martha Stewart herself and I had a phone conversation on air! It was a great experience! Before you know it I am going to be traveling all over the country doing an interview with Ellen! (hahaha - in my dreams!)

My healthy eating continues and it seems to be getting much easier! We had no school today because it is freakin' the North Pole here in Cleveland, so I got to sleep in! By 9:30am by body was starving for food so I made an egg with feta and then a bowl of my favorite new cereal - Cascadia Farms Cinnamon Raisin Granola with fresh blueberries. I have been eating for lunch a whole wheat wrap with hummus and tabbouleh wrapped in it for lunch. It is delicious! For dinner, I had some delicious eggplant (breaded with whole wheat flour) and some whole wheat pasta and marinara sauce. Yummy! Almost like eating in a nice Italian restaurant....but with my 2 year old tossing applesauce across the table and spilling his water.......relaxing, as always! :)

Tomorrow I have a gymnastics meet in Columbus. The bus leaves at 6am. I am so nervous about how I am going to eat healthy tomorrow. It is a slim to none possibility that I will eat at 5:30 in the morning, and when I do get hungry I will be on a bus! Then during the meet I will have to bypass the concession stand as best as I can and on the way home the bus stops at fast food. UGH! I will let you all know how it turns out.

So, my "inside sources" (I sound so cool....) tell me that Jillian Michaels will be on the whole living show on Sirius radio Monday morning at 10:30 am! I am so excited! I am going to call in to the show. If I talk to her I might pee my pants! She is so amazing! I love the Biggest Loser! What she has done to transform people's lives is just so inspiring. If I could inspire just ONE of my students to live a healthy active lifestyle I would be pleased.

OK, I really have to go to sleep. 4:30am will come way too soon......and LeBron just got hurt. I must go make sure he is OK! Go CAVS!

Healthy Eating!

Maria

2 comments:

Tamara1227 said...

Hi all!
Hope everyone is doing well. I am enjoying this new way of eating. I actually feel good when I am finished eating. No guilt, no discomfort! I actually sit down at the beginning of the week and plan what we will be eating and write out a grocery list. I even include snacks. If anyone out there has a wonderful lasagne recipe, let me know. Missing it!
Good luck and continued good health
tami

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,
I have a baked oatmeal recipe that is great for a grab and go breakfast. I prepare it on Sunday night and put each serving into a ziploc bag for the rest of the week. There is no flour or sugar in the recipe. If you would like to have it just send me an email and I'll send it to you! Have a great day, Ann